- How would you define marketing?
The art of making your consumer fall in love with your brand so they simply cannot live without it.
- What would you be if you weren't a brand manager?
An interior designer.
- What advice would you give someone starting their marketing career today?
First, immerse yourself in every aspect of your consumer's world. Second, know that a lot of marketing is simply common sense.
- What attracted you to your current job?
The opportunity to work on a brand (Frizz-Ease) that I have loved and been unable to live without since I was 13 (I have very frizzy hair).
- What hobbies do you have?
I'm a shopaholic. I can't think of a better way to spend an afternoon than rummaging through an antique market for something for our house or hunting down the latest designer bargain.
- What makes you angry?
People who fail to meet deadlines or keep their promises.
- What's your favourite holiday destination?
The Maldives was paradise.
- If you weren't you, who would you be?
Kirstie Allsopp. I'd love to spend my days snooping around people's houses or exploring crafts and antiques for her Homemade Home series.
- What other languages do you speak?
Shamefully, none apart from some basic French.
- If you were a brand what would you be and why?
Liberty. Everything it does is so beautifully presented with a unique personality.
- What's your greatest ambition?
To combine my marketing ambition and my love of fashion or interiors in my own business.
- What is your all-time favourite slogan?
'A diamond is forever' (De Beers).
- If you could get tickets to any event, what would it be?
Kate and Will's wedding.
- What have been your best and worst freebies?
Best was a beautiful set of Stella McCartney knickers with the days of the week embroidered on the front. Worst was a book called Is Brad Pitt a Fish Finger?