- Describe yourself in three words.
Determined, sharp, savvy.
- How would you define marketing?
The science of successful selling.
- What attracted you to your current job?
The brand, quality of life and location.
- What advice would you give someone starting their marketing career today?
Stay curious, be persistent, and for heaven's sake, apply common sense.
- What was your first job?
Publicity assistant at the Wyvern Theatre in Swindon, Wiltshire.
- How did you get your first job?
Sheer brazenness: I asked for it.
- What's your greatest ambition?
Finding the right balance.
- What was your finest hour?
I've yet to have it.
- If you were a brand, which would you be and why?
Innocent. It's a brand with pure ideals and it stays true to them.
- What makes you angry?
People who are late.
- What is your all-time favourite slogan?
'It does exactly what it says on the tin.'
- What marketing trend is currently dominating your job?
Integration - the 360 degs user experience.
- Do you have a marketing mentor?
Her name is Isabelle Ferdane; she runs marketing for Intel Europe. She's passionate, creative and very open. And she is a proper mentor.
- What would you be if you weren't a brand manager?
A professional ski instructor.
- What hobbies do you have?
When I get the time, skiing. Although at times I'd do anything to have time to myself. When you get time to reflect, you can come up with some of your best ideas.
- If you weren't you, who would you be?
- What is your favourite pub?
My local, The Old George Inn in South Cerney, Gloucestershire.
- What's your favourite holiday destination?
New York. It's my kind of town.
- If you could get tickets to any event, what would it be?
Super Bowl - brands and sport: it's a dream, right?
- If you had three wishes, what would they be?
A healthy, happy family; no mortgage; more holiday.
- What was your best freebie?
Believe it or not, I don't get them.