1. Have a higher purpose. In the long-term, who will remember whether your EBITDA was 0.2% points higher or lower than the competition? Give time to what you really want to achieve. You are more likely to differentiate and stand out.
Give time to what you really want to achieve. You are more likely to differentiate and stand out
2. Always ask 'why?' It makes you look deep and hard at the underlying drivers for your business. It means you understand your values and motivators.
3. Believe in your values and do things because they are the right thing to do. They help to build trust.
4. Listen with humility from the people around you.
5. Spend time bringing people with you - otherwise you won’t inspire.