- Home entertainment e-tailer Boxman.com (www.boxman. com) has
appointed Jackie Cooper PR as its consumer PR agency to handle its online
and offline brand-building and media relations. It has also appointed
Shandwick to deal with financial and corporate communications.
- Marketing software firm Engage Technologies has won six new UK accounts
- including BT, the Trinity Mirror Group and Autotrader - for its AdBureau
and Accipiter AdManager tools and its Engage Knowledge database.
- Glaxo Wellcome has appointed web consultancy Reading Room to work on a
site promoting Lotronex, its drug for irritable bowel syndrome.
- Lycos is using the Allaire Corporation’s web application server
ColdFusion to develop its e-commerce arm, LYCOShop (www.shop.lycos. com).
Lycos will be using ColdFusion to integrate content and applications from
other sites, including auctions and classifieds, into LYCOShop.
- Internet appliance and data storage company Memory Corporation has
appointed Datronetch Retail as its UK distribution partner for its MP3
hi-fi product SoulMate.