Being part of a global network allows some of us to travel to our offices in Europe, the US and Australia. Also, if someone wanted to transfer to another country, it is encouraged. We are all urged to find out about our product offering. On a Friday, the office is a sea of suitcases, and on a Monday there are always sweets from an exotic location.
- How do you come up with new marketing ideas?
The marketing team retains a small-agency ethic within what is a huge organisation. There is a core group of marketers involved in most projects, which ensures good communication and strong ideas.
- Describe the marketing team in three words.
Breaking the rules.
- Is there a dress code?
Not officially, although people tend to dress up or down according to their mood or whether they have a meeting. Suits are a rare sight and the more pink the better.
- What are the hours like?
Officially, it's 9.30am-6pm, but people often work outside those hours, depending on which projects or campaigns are running or whether the latest tickets for a festival or concert are about to go on sale.
- Does the marketing team socialise outside of office hours?
Definitely. It is where most of the creativity comes from. We generally go out for a few drinks after work on a Friday; the recently opened Abbey is a popular destination, though if the sun is shining, the pavement outside The Sanctuary is our favourite spot. After our monthly marketing meeting, everyone is encouraged to go for at least one drink, especially as they are always on the company.
- Is there anything interesting about the inside of your office?
There is lots of lastminute.com pink everywhere. We also have a room dedicated to brainstorming and a chill-out room, which contains a TV, table-tennis table and table football. Everyone is encouraged to take a break in there at some point during the day.
- Is there anything else particularly interesting about working at the company?
We have fruit delivered every day and there is a yoga class once a week.
- Lastminute.com has more than 1000 employees in the UK, more than 50 of whom are marketers.
- The company's brands include lastminute.com and Holiday Autos.
- Ian McCaig is lastminute.com's chief executive; Mark Jones is UK managing director; and Alistair Daly is UK marketing director.
- Lastminute.com's headquarters are at 39 Victoria Street, London SW1H 0EE.