With Europe's longest champagne bar at the station, we did have a couple of flutes in our new home.
- What is the main marketing challenge you face?
Our biggest challenge in the lead-up to the launch was ensuring that we reached optimum awareness levels to avoid travellers turning up at the wrong station. And, of course, nobody did!
- How do you come up with marketing ideas?
We look outside our category for ideas that inspire us, and surround ourselves with industry experts.
- As Eurostar now takes only two hours and 15 minutes to reach Paris, does the marketing team ever nip over there for lunch?
Lille is an hour and 20 minutes and we're popping over there next week.
- Is the marketing team given complimentary tickets?
Yes, but we have to work very hard for them.
- What are the perks of the job?
We get to experience the product - the ski train in the winter and the south of France in the summer. Then there is Paris, Brussels and Lille to enjoy the rest of the year.
- Is there a dress code?
With the latest TV ad shot at St Pancras during the construction period, hard hats, safety goggles and high-visibility vests were compulsory. We are glad to get back to our anoraks.
- Does the marketing team socialise outside of office hours?
We normally head to Jack's Bar on The Cut, but we'll be looking for a new local near St Pancras when our offices move there next year.
- What are the hours like?
Having worked intensively toward a launch date, we're not sure what normal hours are like.
- What is the company like for training/career progression?
As a small company, we have a hands-on approach, so everyone gets the chance to learn quickly and progress.
- Are there any downsides?
Unwittingly becoming a train-spotter.
- Is there anything else readers may find interesting about working at Eurostar?
As a three-country company - part-British, part-French, part-Belgian - Eurostar has a unique culture.
- Eurostar has 1600 employees across the UK, France and Belgium, of whom 10 work in the UK marketing department.
- Richard Brown is chief executive; Greg Nugent is marketing director.
- The company will soon be moving to headquarters closer to its new home at St Pancras, but at present, it is based at Eurostar House, Waterloo Station, London SE1 8SE.