- What will this mean for the marketing team?
The partnership with London 2012 is an exciting and inspiring opportunity. Our strategy will be based on making effective use of non-traditional media, experiential activity to engage customers and the creation of platforms to celebrate the best of what Britain has to offer. Activity will focus on key events starting with the Beijing Olympics this year.
- What is BA like for training and career progression?
Career opportunities exist beyond the UK marketing team for those who want to explore other areas of the business and different offices around the world.
- What are the perks of the job?
Our office facilities include a hairdresser, beauty salon, gym, Waitrose, Barclays bank and a theatre.
- What are the hours like?
We try hard to manage the amount of time we are in the office, but some days are longer than others.
- Does the marketing team get good deals on flights?
One of the many benefits of working at BA is the great deals on flights and holidays, although our customers always come first.
- Describe the marketing team in three words.
Brave, accountable, collaborative.
- Is there a dress code?
It is relatively relaxed, especially on Fridays.
- Does the marketing team socialise outside of office hours? What is the local pub or bar?
Yes, we are a sociable department that drinks, parties and, occasionally, holidays together.
- Are there any downsides?
You are never far from work because you will always come across someone at a dinner party who has a good or bad travel story to tell.
- Is there anything interesting about your office?
We work in a state-of-the-art building that uses a village concept of streets and neighbours; six, four-storey horseshoe-shaped buildings are arranged on either side of a 175-metre glazed atrium 'street'. We have a genuine set of Boeing 747 wheels at the entrance, and during the past month some of the London 2012 Olympic and paralympic athletes have dropped in to demonstrate fencing and rhythmic gymnastics.
- BA has 42,755 employees, of whom 70 are marketers.
- Its annual adspend is more than £60m. Turnover for the financial year 2006-2007 was £8.5m.
- Tiffany Hall is head of marketing and distribution; Katherine Whitton is head of marketing; Abigail Comber is head of marketing communications.
- BA is based at Waterside, PO Box 365, Harmondsworth, UB7 0GB.