With a constantly changing media landscape, we need to make sure we find ways to engage consumers at relevant touch-points in their lives.
- How do you come up with new marketing ideas?
All good ideas start with a strong consumer insight and a clear understanding of the brand objectives.
- Will the marketing team be getting plenty of free Easter supplies?
We are constantly surrounded by free chocolate, but the best time is around product launches.
- Cadbury Schweppes is often in The Sunday Times top-10 best places to work; what makes it so good?
The brands and the people. We have such an iconic brand portfolio and it is also great to know you are part of a company that invests in its staff.
- What are the perks of the job?
Working with chocolate, of course. We also recently shot Flake's latest TV ad at Maida Vale Studios.
- Can you describe the marketing team in three words?
Creative, passionate, consumer-driven.
- Is there a dress code?
- Does the marketing team socialise outside of office hours?
There's always something going on. In addition to heading to the pub after meetings, different teams take it in turns to organise socials. We also work closely with the local community and are encouraged to volunteer as a team or individually. Recently we arranged a fundraiser that celebrated our commitment to Ghana.
- What is the company like for training/career progression?
We are encouraged to go on personal skill-development courses, as well as move around the business to broaden our experience.
- Are there any downsides?
Friends always expect you to have your pockets full of chocolate.
- Is there anything interesting about the inside of your office in terms of design and props?
We currently have two life-size cows from a Cadbury Dairy Milk conference moving around the office. They have been seen in the lifts, meeting rooms, and one of them is currently by our managing director's desk.
- Is there anything else readers may find interesting about the company?
Cadbury employees can volunteer to be a qualified chocolate taster.
- Cadbury has 5000 employees; 60 are consumer marketers.
- Key brands include Dairy Milk, Creme Egg, Roses, Bassetts.
- It is the leading confectionery firm in the UK, with 30% of the market.
- Trevor Bond is managing director, Cadbury Trebor Bassett; Phil Rumbol is marketing director.
- Cadbury Trebor Bassett is based at Hertford Place, Denham Way, Maple Cross, Herts, WD3 9XB.