Curator of an art gallery.
- What advice would you give someone starting their marketing career today?
Get lots of all-round experience; it will help you make better marketing decisions.
- What attracted you to your current job?
Apart from the obvious attraction of getting to think and talk about travel every single day, it was a fantastic opportunity to be part of Lonely Planet's evolution from guidebook publisher to global travel information brand.
- What was your first job?
My first ever job was working in a local chemist earning £2.10 an hour to dish out E45 cream to willing customers.
- How did you get your first job?
I phoned around local businesses and this was the first one with a vacancy. I went down, had a face-to-face chat, agreed a terrible salary and left happy.
- What's your favourite holiday destination?
This is a difficult one but I would have to say South America. It's such a melting pot, the history, the food, the people, the wildlife and the whole Latino culture. I love it.
- What's your favourite pub?
The Orchard, Brockley's premier gastro pub.
- If you were a brand what would you be and why?
Virgin Atlantic. It has done so much to reassure reluctant flyers that love to travel (like myself).
- What is your all-time favourite slogan?
'Because you're worth it.'
- If you had three wishes, what would they be?
Get a bigger marketing budget, that house on Blackheath, retire at 50.